Arthritis is the inflammation of the joints that are caused due to the breakdown of the joint’s cartilage. This problem is very common in cats. The arthritis can be diagnosed by X-rays, but changes in mobility and inability to jump can be the first sign of the arthritis in cats. Quality medications, supplements and diet helps to ease and reduce the condition.
Signs Of Arthritis In Cats
- Hiding away, crying if picked, running away and showing aggression
- Not willing to jump
Help Your Cat To Deal With Arthritis
- Some substances in the diet can help to control the arthritis. The cod liver oil can help to reduce the problem but should be given in proper dosage, otherwise it can be toxic.
- Supplements that contain chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine can help the cartilage that lines the bone with a joint for healing. These are safe and effective, but should be consulted with the expert vet before giving to the pet.
- Dietary products that contain extract of green-lipped mussel have been used to control the arthritis.
- The ‘Hill Prescription Diet’ is available that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects on the joints. It balances the fish oils with the food and the Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. The high levels of fish oil in the diet is more palatable to the cats but care should be taken that they do not overeat this as it is high in calories and can lead to weight gain.
- Obesity is the major contributing factor for arthritis. This does not mean that keeping the cat slim may stop the problem, but it will lower the effects. If the cat is obese, reducing the weight is a must.
- Acupuncture treatment can also help to lower the problem of arthritis.
Just in the case of older dogs, arthritis is also a major problem in elderly cats that can affect their daily activities severely. Many medications & treatments are available but along with it, a proper diet can also help to reduce the problem.
One can also go for the Pain Relief Cream that relieves the joint pain and arthritis. The pet owner should consult an expert vet for the medications and treatments.
GenericFrontlinePlus is a safe online portal with effective medications for pets to offer. Check how to take care of the cat with arthritis and joint pain! Look out for special offers this festive season soon!