Puppies and dogs of all breeds are born active. It is ingrained in their DNA.They are born chasers, hunters and go getters. An open ground is all they need to become active. This can be quite challenging for a pet owner.
A socially active dog runs a higher risk of getting infested with fleas. The traditional methods of countering fleas using flea collar or washing the dog after every visit outside prove to be of least help.
Does that mean that pets should not be taken out? Certainly not, they deserve their share of outing. Then what is the solution for it? Flea control product such as Frontline Plus not only destroys fleas but even promote the health of pets.
Fleas if not tackled and allowed to grow, can spread very fast and prove to be detrimental to the health of a pet. They are the main culprits for causing diseases in pets. These diseases could be in the form of Chewing lice, Brown dog tick, American dog tick thus affecting the health of pets by making them itch and scratch incessantly.
This is where flea medication proves to be of great help The flea medicines of different types ranging from spot ons to ointment sprays and tablets help in getting rid of fleas in the shortest possible time. Understanding the composition of the different flea products available in the market helps a pet lover buy an effective flea medication at a lowest cost.
In a similar way, knowledge about the directions regarding the use of flea medication is also a primary need for safeguarding the health of a pet. Misuse of the flea medicine can prove to be dangerous, making the pet anemic and even become the cause for its death. The following information regarding the same will throw light on the fact:
- Puppies and also kittens below 8 weeks of age should be abstained from being administered with flea medicines. Their skin is too sensitive and they run a higher risk of getting their internal organs damaged due to the chemicals in the flea medicines.
- There are few flea products in the market such as Frontline Plus which are specially manufactured to be used on puppies above 8 weeks of age. Hence they are rightly called Frontline for Puppies.
- Pregnant and lactating dogs and cats should not be administered with flea medicine.
- In case of a cat or dog developing rashes or vomiting, an expert medical help should be sought immediately.
- Flea medicines should be given to the pet in dosages after taking into account their height, weight and size. Wrong medication can prove fatal for the pet.
Gaining knowledge about the ingredients used in the manufacture of the flea product aids a pet owner in treating the pet immediately in case of eventualities. On all Frontline Plus flea medication packs, complete details about the ingredients and use of flea medicine are clearly printed making the job of all the pet lovers very easy.
Fipronil, (S) Methoprene and Aspis Forte form the key ingredients in the making of Frontline for dogs.
- Fipronil is an insecticide which destroys all stages of flea formation right from eggs, larvae pupae to adult fleas and ticks.
- Methoprene is an Insect Growth Regulator effective in the prevention of fleas from further growth or multiplication.
- Aspis Forte is excellent for puppies and kittens.
The application process of Frontline Plus is very simple. Sprays can be used by directly spraying the medicine on the pet.
Ointments or liquids can be applied by just squeezing the ointment or liquid from the tube or bottle and applying near the nape of the neck or on shoulder blades. The medicine quickly spreads all over the body of the pet on the oil glands at the end of the hair follicle.
Once applied the effect of the medicine lasts for nearly a month. Being water resistant, the pet can even be given bath or allowed to play in water.
For cheaper version, a pet lover can buy the generic version of Frontline called the Generic Frontline Plus manufactured with the same ingredients of Fipronil and (s) Methoprene but without a patent to save the cost.
With so many advantages to Frontline why a pet should be confined to the four walls of the house? Use Frontline flea medication and enjoy the outing sessions with your adorable pet!